There is nothing like fresh tomatoes in the summer time. I love the way they smell and especially the way they taste, simple with just a sprinkle of salt. A ripe tomato doesn’t need much and this simple and satisfying salad showcases this summertime fruit without overpowering or overdoing it.
Perfect for entertaining, taking to a potluck, or just sitting on the porch with a bowl all to yourself, this is one of my go-to salads and I hope you enjoy!
Recipe is as follows:
- Dice 2 large heirloom tomatoes and place in a large bowl.
- Add 1 can of drained and rinsed white or cannellini beans
- Chiffonade 5-6 sprigs of fresh basil, add to bowl
- Mince 1 clove garlic, add to bowl
- Add 1/4 cup each olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Mix well and enjoy!
2 large ripe heirloom tomatoes
1 can white or cannellini beans
5-6 sprigs fresh basil
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste